University of Colorado Boulder
Research Associate and Course
Center for STEM Learning
To learn more about the initiatives at CU Boulder, visit the CU Boulder TRESTLE website.
We are building and spreading teaching expertise in the following ways:
- Course transformation awards to support those with existing expertise in continuing to learn about evidence based teaching practices, and to spread that knowledge. Awards made to date include:
- TRESTLE Scholars communities, to bring both experienced and novice users of evidence-based teaching practices together, and broaden our community of experts.
- Shared Innovation Discussion Group (ShInDiG), based on University of Kansas’ C21 group, to generate cross-departmental community around teaching and learning.
- Expert advisors who are available for individual consultations with faculty around issues of teaching and learning and education research.
Work has included the following projects:
- Integrative Physiology: Developing case studies across the foundational curriculum.
- Mathematics: Building a quantitative reasoning course for social science students
- Physics: Transformation of Experimental Physics 1
- Environmental Studies: Quantitative analysis and critical thinking for the environmental studies major
TRESTLE Scholars communities:
- Learning goals: Developing program and course learning goals for the Atmospheric and Oceanic Science Major (facilitator: Stephanie Chasteen)
- Group activities: Designing and facilitating group worthy activities (facilitator: Jenny Knight)
- How can I help students take charge of their own learning? (Facilitator: Becca Ciancanelli)
- Exploring course based undergraduate research experiences (Facilitator: Lisa Corwin)